Avatar

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

Well, I have to admit, I have a lot more exploring to do with these websites. Many of them I think I could use as a teacher tool to engage my students in learning . Some are definitely easier to navigate than others.

Plant Parts

First, I created a Prezi about plant parts. I found the Prezi at times hard to understand (maybe I am just challenged; I'm not sure!). The presentation did not come out exactly how I planned, and given the choice, I would probably use PowerPoint as an alternative. However, this could be due to my lack of familiarity with this program so I will definitely continue to practice with it.

Animoto: Plant Parts

I also created an Animoto video about plant parts. I really like this site and the fact that they give educators the opportunity to upgrade to a plus account. This site was very easy to navigate through and created really nice videos. I can definitely see my students using this website. Student work can be photographed and compiled to create a video on a certain topic. This is also a good tool to use when preparing for open house.

I can't wait to explore the rest of the sites in more depth!

No comments:

Post a Comment